Do you know the early warning signs of hearing loss?
Hearing loss can be a difficult experience for many reasons. It can cause social and professional problems, which can, in turn, cause emotional stress. Furthermore, it can happen so gradually that you may not even notice. That’s why it’s so important to visit your local Vancouver audiologist to diagnose and even provide solution such as hearing aids in Vancouver if you think you are experiencing early signs of hearing loss. There are several different kinds of hearing loss that have a variety of possible symptoms.
Here are a few common ones that you should know about:
• You have difficulty following conversations, particularly in loud spaces or on the telephone.
• You have begun to ask people to repeat themselves a lot.
• Other people seem to mumble a lot more.
• You have a ringing in your ears that won’t go away.
• You begin to favour one ear over another.
• People around you complain about how loud your television is or about how loudly you speak.
It’s common for people who are experiencing hearing loss to avoid the subject. They may be afraid that the hearing loss is permanent and not want to admit it’s happening. Furthermore, the increased difficulty with social settings can lead them to avoid those situations, and therefore end up becoming isolated and even depressed.
You should know that there are new technologies that can treat and compensate for hearing loss such as hearing aids, its necessity will be determined by our audiologist in Vancouver. In order to know what choices are appropriate for you, however, you must be formally diagnosed by coming in and seeing our medical professionals.
What can be done about hearing loss?
Exactly what can be done to treat your hearing loss will depend on exactly what is wrong. Problems with your hearing may be an issue with the ear itself or even the way that your brain processes sound. If your hearing los is irreversible, however, there are many hearing aids for any need available from your audiologist in Vancouver.
We at Expert Hearing Solutions offer a variety of hearing aid models for different needs, including:
• In-the-canal (ITC) hearing aids
• Completely-in-the-canal (CIC)
• Invisible-in-the-canal (IIC)
• In-the-ear or full shell (ITE)
• Behind-the-ear (BTE)
• Receiver-in-the-ear (RITE)
If you think you have any symptoms of hearing loss, visit your Vancouver audiologist to discuss your situation and find out if hearing aids are right for you. We have clinics in Vancouver, Okanagan, Kelowna, Saskatoon, Thunder Bay, and other locations. Contact us today to make